PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Titmouse.

Karl Egressy
06-15-2013, 07:31 AM
The head angle is not the best but I take it any day as it is a rare to come by bird around here.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS
ISO 800
F 7.1
1/320 s
fill flash

Allen Sparks
06-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi Karl, these birds are common where I live but still very hard to photograph - they rarely stay still. The exposure on the bird looks nice and the head angle isn't too bad but could be better. I think another round of sharpening on the bird may help the image a bit. Good catch. - Allen

PhilCook
06-15-2013, 07:35 PM
HA self crit noted.....but don't care too much as the rest of the images fine attributes make up for it, like the soft light and fine detail...gotta love that crest. Sharp all over the bird and as such i like it filling the frame as it does.....particularly good considering it's a rare bird and you managed a clean shot of it and not jut some sketchy ID only image.....so, how do you feel about losing the secondary branch on the left ?

dankearl
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Nice to get a rarity, the HA doesn't, bother me.
You are getting a fine collection of small songbirds.

Satish Ranadive
06-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Excellent image. I like the pose with very nice details,nice perch, (however,would clone side branch on LHS).
Love the details,lights,beautiful BG,very nice color scheme and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Frank Schauf
06-16-2013, 05:37 AM
Excellent shot with very nice soft background.

Karl Egressy
06-16-2013, 08:50 AM
HA self crit noted.....but don't care too much as the rest of the images fine attributes make up for it, like the soft light and fine detail...gotta love that crest. Sharp all over the bird and as such i like it filling the frame as it does.....particularly good considering it's a rare bird and you managed a clean shot of it and not jut some sketchy ID only image.....so, how do you feel about losing the secondary branch on the left ?
Thanks, Phil. You are right about the branch.
Thank you all.

Marina Scarr
06-16-2013, 09:20 AM
As much as you know I am not big on removing objects from an image, the RP rocks. Your bird is just full of details, you have a lovely bg and I love seeing his little tootsies.