PDA

View Full Version : Approaching Vegas by air

Steve Kaluski
06-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Taken a while back whilst flying into Las Vegas by helicopter from the co pilots seat, via Lake Mead. Perspex domes can prove interesting and not always the photographers friend, but I think this worked out OK.

Vegas is just below the mountain ridge line more to the LHS.

Steve
Subject: Approaching Las Vegas
Camera: Canon MKIII
Lens: 24-70f/2.8 HH
Exposure: 1/500s at f/9 ISO400 -0.33 stop compensation

Rachel Hollander
06-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi Steve - lots of nuances and things to look at here. The comp, colors and sharpness are great from a fast moving helicopter. I think you probably straightened based on the distant mountain range but looking at the water line I feel like it needs a slight amount of ccw rotation. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
06-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Very nice Steve. Sharper than I though would have been possible in a helicopter.. Like the colour & detail, especially of the close FG mountain ranges. The rotation looks OK to me, but you might be able to line it up off the reflections on the RHS of the lake to check..

DON

Anette Mossbacher
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi Steve,

looks very interesting to. Like it very much how you brought it out. Not easy when photographing through glass!
I agree with Rachel with the horizon line.

Ciao

Anette

Andrew McLachlan
06-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Hi Steve, this turned very nice for a through the perspex dome. For me I might brighten the very top of the comp as it looks like it is a touch dark and perhaps tone down the saturation of the small bit of blue sky reflection. Nice work.