PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper Sparrow.

Daniel Cadieux
06-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Another "grassland" sparrow specialty from the fields near our international airport, and another that is at its extreme edge of its breeding range here. I always make it a point to photograph this beautiful sparrow species at this time of year at that location. It's hard to say which sparrow species is my favorite, but this one is definitely right up there!

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/400s., f/8, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, FF, darkened some parts of the perch (low opacity clone tool), and cloned out another bit of twig peeking in at right edge, darkened pupil. Audio used.

Mike Milicia
06-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Great pose and comp with diagonal perch and excellent BG and detail! Nicely done as usual!

PhilCook
06-14-2013, 08:20 PM
We're going to have to start calling you " Jack Sparrow " soon lol Lovely looking species. We only get 2 varieties here and both are despised, sadly as they are rather nice little birds in some respects

Lovely light and IQ in general Daniel, diagonal perch is rather nice.....hard to find much else to say except....thanks for showing another bit of lovely eye candy

Satish Ranadive
06-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Another species of sparrow unseen by me.Love the colors of perch, well complimenting with sparrow,great details,Beautiful backdrop and composition.
Rest as usual superb. TFS.

Regards,
Satish.

Shawn Zierman
06-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Simple, clean, and effective. Great subject pose. Perch has some nice features. The subject is isolated nicely,
though I would not mind a bit more background variation....DOF is perfect.

mohammad reza shahab
06-15-2013, 03:51 AM
excellent BG and detail.Beautiful perch.

MohsenVahedipour
06-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Great pose, perch & BG. Excellent IQ.

Karl Egressy
06-15-2013, 07:40 AM
One of my favorite sparrow species. I have been shooting it for many years but still did not get the "perfect" shot.
Yours comes close to that, Daniel.