PDA

View Full Version : Zitting Cisticola

Girish Prahalad
06-14-2013, 08:14 AM
This was earlier known as the Streaked Fantail Warbler.
Made with a Canon 450D + 300F4 +1.4 TC. Handheld / Manual / Eval
Exif : F6.3, ISO 400, SS 1/800
Crop / Levels / USM / NR on BG.

Comments & critiques most welcome.

arash_hazeghi
06-14-2013, 08:35 AM
I like the pose, details and HA. sharp. the perch and the lower BG are a bit busy here.

Daniel Cadieux
06-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Nice look-back pose and fluffed up feathers. Nice colours throughout. I like most of the BG that is above the perch (except the dark leaf touching the subject), while most of the BG below the perch is quite busy as Arash mentions.

Marina Scarr
06-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Your bird is so well exposed and the details, light and pose are awesome. Like the bird against the BG. Wish the perch etc weren't so busy.

Richard Unsworth
06-14-2013, 10:33 AM
A cracking shot of this quick little Warbler.
If mine I would take out the lower branch complex, perhaps also cropping to vertical
to remove the other stuff at the right.

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Very nice, Girish. terrific details and DOF coverage. HA, exposure, colors...everything is good. agree about the bottom part being a bit cluttered...but nothing you could've done in the field. I am quite happy with the clean view you got without anything obstructing...and the BG behind the bird is nice. Since the IQ is so good, you can do a slightly tighter crop.

Mike Milicia
06-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Great pose and excellent detail with a nice touch of habitat!

Ideally, BG could be cleaner but there is nothing interfering with the bird in a major way and the business of the BG does not rise to the level of image killer for me , so I would call it a keeper.

PhilCook
06-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Ignoring the busy, but natural backdrop and surrounds, hard to avoid at times.....but the image quality on the bird is wonderful. Light is nicely handled and very sharp detail, liking very much the clear wings crossing over the back, the eye is beautiful.....very eye catching