PDA

View Full Version : Bow To The King

Troy Lim
06-13-2013, 09:57 PM

Shot taken in Singapore, not sure the name of the bird. Fast little bird, pushed for as much DOF as I could get and fast enough shutter speed to freeze the male's flight pose. With female turning towards him was a big plus as she usually turns around and stick her butt up to tease him.
1Dx + 600mm IS II, 1/4000, f/10, ISO 3200.

Roy Priest
06-13-2013, 10:59 PM
I like the action and by play of the two birds. I believe the birds are Pin Tailed Wydahs.

dankearl
06-13-2013, 11:12 PM
I really like the comp of this.
Very attractive setting and very cool birds.
I wish the bird was angled toward the camera a bit more, but a really interesting photo.

arash_hazeghi
06-13-2013, 11:20 PM
nice interaction Troy. I would crop it a bit tighter since both birds are quite small in the frame and don't show much detail as posted

TFS

Stu Bowie
06-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Hi Troy, good flight pose with the long curled tail of the male. I do like the setting, but yes, a touch small in the frame.

These are Pin-tailed Whydah's. They are fairly common here in SA.

Marina Scarr
06-14-2013, 09:39 AM
I find this image delightful, Troy, and small in the frame works well to show off the species & the behavior. Your green bg and the perch are super. Love the curled tail feathers and the little tootsies showing up so well out in front of the bird. Sure a better HA on one of the birds would have been the kicker, but this works quite nicely.

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Absolutely loved this shot. very different and interesting due the male's tail. Cropping tighter might hurt the IQ, I think. As presented, the small in frame works for me.

what needs to be in focus is and what should not be isn't. that's a very strong point about this image.

Jonathan Ashton
06-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Spectacular I love it, I would suggest a slightly tighter crop also.

Gabriela Plesea
06-16-2013, 04:41 AM
Indeed a Pin-tailed Wydah and these birds are so difficult to capture, they are so fast and hardly ever sit in one spot. I love the environment here, the BG is great, nice colours and good exposure, a very pleasing image.

Kind regards,