PDA

View Full Version : Stilt

Ian Cassell
06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
I wasn't sure if I should post this in Avian or here. I don't recall seeing many B/W images in Avian, so here I am (I believe this may be my first OOTB post).

Canon 7D
Canon 500/4 + 1.4x
1/5000 sec f/5.6 ISO 640

Conversion in SilverEfex Pro
CS6 for crop for comp and sharpening
Noiseware Pro on BG

Indranil Sircar
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi Ian, Welcome to OOTB! We would not mind a b&w in this forum :w3 What a beautiful pose and lighting... love the low angle and the head turn. I also like the bg. Very nice processing. TFS and hope to see you posting here more often.

Nancy Bell
06-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome! I really like this. The b&w really puts the emphasis on the stilt and those wonderful lines of each wing feather. So often details like this are lost in color. The soft gray bkgd with just enough detail to anchor the bird is a great backdrop.

Diane Miller
06-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Love the wing position and detail! wonder if just a little more detail in shadows and highlights would be good?

Jackie Schuknecht
06-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Simple and elegant. The b and w really puts the emphasis on the bird.

Bob Miller
06-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Ian...This is just beautiful. I love the pose and the soft gray bg works well for me. You might consider darkening the LLC but on second thought I would not change a thing! beautiful!

Christopher Miller
06-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Beautiful image, Ian! The B&W processing looks great, and you couldn't ask for a more perfect pose. Very well done.

Cheryl Slechta
06-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Ian, welcome to OOTB!!! Beautiful image - I love the pose and the different gradations of gray in the background as well as the bubbles in the water. I hope we see more of your images here:S3:

Kerry Perkins
06-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Ian, what a surprise to find you here. There seems to be some angst regarding B&W images in Avian, but I don't know why. We have B&W images in Wildlife and Landscape and nobody questions it. Just to clarify the point (and I'm not trying to move you away from OOTB), we had a discussion about this amongst the mods and owners and the consensus was that pure B&W images are fine in any of the forums, but if any tone is applied then they should go here. Personally, I'm happy to see you posting here and glad you made the decision to do so. I really like your image, love the detail and tonal range as mentioned and the pose is awesome. Hope to see more of your images here, don't be a stranger!

Mitch Carucci
06-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow, you really caught the pose. Beautiful, and the B&W conversion is perfect.

Gabriela Plesea
06-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Love it, Ian, and especially the elegant, suave movement of this little bird!

Kind regards,

Judy Howle
06-19-2013, 09:23 PM
That is an outstanding image all around! The composition and tonal range are exquisite. Welcome to OOTB!