PDA

View Full Version : Piping Plover Chicks

Mike Milicia
06-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Canon 1D X, 500mm f/4L IS + 1.4xII, 1/1250, f/11, ISO 800

Photographed a few days ago on the North Shore of Massachusetts.

Melissa Groo
06-13-2013, 12:55 PM
I think this is just absolutely precious, Mike. Their huddling together, and the closed eyes of one, are just priceless. So glad you are successfully finding some piping plover chicks there this spring.
The only thing I find a bit less than optimal are the dark areas in the background, I wonder if you can lighten those just a little, dodging a bit. But then again it does speak of their habitat, and would also be fine to leave as is.
A winning image.

Grace Scalzo
06-13-2013, 02:11 PM
How can one not smile when viewing this image? Full of character and sweetness. I like the background, also like how you processed it. Sometimes these little fuzz balls can look jagged, not here.

PhilCook
06-14-2013, 05:38 AM
What a gem Mike !...I 'm not going to entertain the idea of offering any C&C ....just none necessary....the whole image is just the epitome of cute, precious and vulnerability........... 11/10 sir

Girish Prahalad
06-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Absolutely adorable image! just love the chick with the closed eyes. It seems to be in a bliss mode enjoying the comfort provided by the sibling.
No comments on the pros & cons of the image. just enjoying the moment as the chicks.

PhilCook
06-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Absolutely adorable image! just love the chick with the closed eyes. It seems to be in a bliss mode enjoying the comfort provided by the sibling.
No comments on the pros & cons of the image. just enjoying the moment as the chicks.

" No comments on the pros & cons of the image. just enjoying the moment as the chicks ".....well said Girish

MohsenVahedipour
06-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Simply exceptional moment you captured. Congrats for this shot.