PDA

View Full Version : Full Strut

Lyle Gruby
06-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Another shot from the same trip to the smokies. He wasn't the most cooperative subject, but he was really a lot of fun to work with. He kept angling away from the sun making it very difficult to get both breasts illuminated. Almost FF, slight crop for composition. All C&C appreciated.

Techs:
D3s
200-400 @380mm HH
f/5.6
1/1600

Andre Pretorius
06-13-2013, 06:35 AM
What a nightmare to expose correctly?! As we all know shining, dark objects is very difficult to expose correctly. Well done Lyle. Would crop a bit tighter on LHS.

Satish Ranadive
06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Excellent image of beautiful bird.Wonderful colors,sharp where it needed,Beautiful composition,however I would add some space on top and silver line crop on bird's left side.
Wish you could used f value 7.1 or more. Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

Marina Scarr
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Well done on exposure and lovely colors. This comp is pleasing but I think I would consider a comp putting the bird more to the left side of the frame and have him looking into the right side.

Lyle Gruby
06-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Well done on exposure and lovely colors. This comp is pleasing but I think I would consider a comp putting the bird more to the left side of the frame and have him looking into the right side.

I had experimented with a crop like that before, but couldn't find one I liked. I do think I like this. What do you think?

dankearl
06-14-2013, 12:49 AM
I think moving the bird to the left is the way to go, but the repost looks square and awkward.
Maybe not as much to the left to have as much a trad crop as possible.
Very cool subject....

Robert Holguin
06-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Terrific shot.
Excellent pose. Just love the head angle and fanned tail.
Great IQ and nice background.
Well done.