PDA

View Full Version : Chestnut-sided Warbler in Full Song.

Daniel Cadieux
06-11-2013, 05:47 PM
A seemingly very cooperative subject, so I found a good perch that I thought would be nice for this fella, planted it in the ground, and played the audio. Fun when a plan works out! The two spots on top of the head and the two white ones on the belly are water drops...

</EM>Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, small crop for comp, usual eye work, lightened the whites on the lower part of the belly (dodge tool) and got rid of the greenish cast there too simply by destaurating that area with the sponge tool. Also lightened the perch near the feet area. NR to the BG.

dankearl
06-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Hard to critique this one.
I would maybe move it a tad right, but that is it.
The bird and perch look great and pretty BG to go with it.

Karl Egressy
06-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Everything looks very good on this picture, Daniel.
I like the singing pose the most. (Thanks for the advice, Daniel. If I click on the first icon above, I can go to the next line any time.)

Diane Miller
06-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Beautiful, of course!! I think I would actually darken the perch near the feet a little -- even in soft light I'd expect a slight shadow there. And what would you think about toning down the red on the very top part of the perch?

Marina Scarr
06-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Lovely bird and great work on the set up. The colors on the perch match the bird so well and the calling pose is a nice plus.

Mike Milicia
06-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Perfect singing pose and beautiful BG!

Would like to see the bird a bit higher in the frame.

rajandesai
06-12-2013, 12:49 AM
I can almost hear him sing. Love these guys. Nicely done.

christopher galeski
06-12-2013, 12:50 AM
nice image,like the pose,good BG,nice light and perch.

PhilCook
06-12-2013, 02:41 AM
I think it all works nicely as is Daniel, good choice of crop imo. Liking the lichen covered perch too. I think with better lighting on the day a tad more dof field would be nicer, as the near wing looks just a bit soft compared to the head and tail.....but obviously taken in dull light so not really possible. Vocalizing is always a nice touch, as is the case here

David Salem
06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Man you sure get allot of cool little birds to shot up there Dan. Very nice capture with nice detail and color. Nice perch you chose and the BG looks great. I wouldnt change a thing. Well done.

Lyle Gruby
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Love it. I think the most impressive thing is that you froze him at 1/250th. I'm sure you waited for the right time to press the shutter. Really great job.

Robert Holguin
06-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Terrific shot.
Very nice background, great perch, and the singing pose just makes this image for me.
Very well done.

Shawn Zierman
06-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Textbook! Love the soft light, singing pose, and angle of view on the bird. I bet you gripped and ripped it here.... :)

Bill Dix
06-13-2013, 08:42 AM
A beauty, Daniel. Great singing pose, and amazingly sharp for HH @ 1/250. And perfect choice of stick. Nicely executed from start to finish.

Satish Ranadive
06-14-2013, 06:11 AM
Excellent singing pose you have captured Daniel Sir.
Love the pose colors, especially chestnut and yellow on head,great details,lights,beautiful smooth green BG and composition.

Regards,
Satish.