PDA

View Full Version : Cactus Flower.

Satish Ranadive
06-11-2013, 08:07 AM
I had been to forest about 100kms from Pune,to photograph Fire flies. Not a successful trip.
However got some good flower pictures. Applied Linear Shadow. Processed in DPP.

ISO: 1600, 1/250 @ F: 8.Evaluating metering. WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Steve Maxson
06-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi Satish. What a colorful flower and the water drops add interest. Was this natural light or did you use flash? I'm not seeing anything that is really sharp in the image - maybe HH the 400 mm at 1/250 is the reason? I would suggest adding a little more room on the left if you have it. Also, the very bright orange border is really drawing my eye away from your subject - I think a toned down version of the border would work better. :S3:

Satish Ranadive
06-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Thank you for your feed back and comments,Steve Sir.I am still learning macro with the help of 100-400 mm lens. Flower was photographed just after rain has stopped in cloudy day.
Image was too bright so I applied linear shadow. here is the modified image. I hope it looks better now.

Regards,
Satish.

Steve Maxson
06-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi Satish - I think we're all still learning macro to some degree or other. :S3: It can be very challenging at times. Your repost looks much better - I like the modified comp and the increased overall brightness. The toned down border is also an improvement. The sharpness seems a little better as well.