PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Mongoose

Gabriela Plesea
06-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Been busy looking through my older folders today and found this Yellow Mongoose in sweet light. Image taken with Nikon D300S, Nikon VR 300 F2.8, hand held, ISO 400, 1/500s, F7.1

Wishing you all a great week ahead,

Arno Ellmer
06-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Beautiful portrait,Gabriela.Superb detail and lovely complementary bg ,with very pleasing comp. WD

Rachel Hollander
06-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi Gabriela - I agree-very sweet light and an excellent pose. Great detail too. If it were mine I might crop a tiny bit from the bottom (I prefer not to clone) to get rid of the darker hairs that seem to be going forward. A very minor point, but there seems to be a slight sharpening halo along the back.

TFS,
Rachel

Nancy Bell
06-09-2013, 06:00 PM
This is most lovely! Beautiful light, fabulous detail, great pose, perfect bkgd. I love seeing the unusual shape of the pupil.

Jamie Douglas
06-10-2013, 12:01 AM
This is a really fine image Gabriela. Nothing else to add that hasn't been said.

Congrats and fine processing work.

Jamie

Steve Kaluski
06-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Hi Gabriela, yep, nice image, nicely processed, glad you looked back through the files, VWD. :cheers: :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
06-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Thank you so much Steve, Jamie, Nancy, Rachel and Arno:S3: Rachel, the OOF fur in front of the subject (at the bottom of the image) is the tail-don't know why I did not clone that out or cropped above it, I guess I am so used to this image I do not see these things...Mmm...the OOF bit at the back...not sure, I think I was busy blurring and my hand slipped...I do such things every now and then...I work from 7 to 5 and there's so little time to play in the evenings...always in a hurry...I need to do this full time!!! Wish I could find a way...

Once again, thank you all for your time to view and for comments-much appreciated!

Steve Kaluski
06-10-2013, 03:02 PM
m 7 to 5 and there's so little time to play in the evenings...always in a hurry...I need to do this full time!!! Wish I could find a way...

Do the image work, sleep overnight, review the next day, happy, then post. :S3:

Morkel Erasmus
06-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Lovely portrait, Gabriela. I love the eyes on these cute little guys.
Can't add more to what's been said already up above.

Brendon Cremer
06-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Really lovely image in some nice light Gabriela, well exposed with good detail, a little more dof would have been nice if i had to find something to crit but still fantastic as is.

Gabriela Plesea
06-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Thank you Steve, Morkel and Brendon:5...I really work hard lately, thanks to you, trying not to miss out on something, looking for a better image to process, one that is "clean", crisp, that has something of interest (in this case, the eyes of my subject), something to grab your attention with:bg3:. I am slowly getting to know my "audience" better, your tastes may vary but the criteria of judgement is often similar, and in the end it seems I am also pleased with the work I have done...Sorry Steve, right now it's more like " ...work, work, work, rush home, work on an image, post, happy, review the next day, unhappy, post more, happy, work work work...:w3"

Warmest regards,

Steve Kaluski
06-11-2013, 03:30 PM
What is it they say Gabriela, 'all work and no play...' :bg3: