PDA

View Full Version : Twins in the House

Joe Senzatimore
06-06-2013, 06:55 AM
I know there is a HOM element here , but I thought it was too cute not to post. The conservation people put these shelters out in the nesting colony to provide some cover for the chicks. Some of them use them and some do not. This pair seemed to claim this as their own , and the parents defend it constantly. Lots of wind the other night , so it came in handy.

800ISO
F8 at 1/2500th

PhilCook
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Same little beach house set ups are used here during the breeding season of our very endangered Hooded Plovers. Good to see such a cheap and easily made shelter come to good use Joe. Makes me think I should keep an eye on the structures here to see if they are a success.

Agree, they look kinda cute all snug in their shelter, a very good image to have from an environmental and educational aspect.

PM sent

Cheryl Arena Molennor
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I like that they are using this for the purpose it was put there. We could use a few shelters this week around here with all the rain. I like that you got light on the chicks and you shot low

Satish Ranadive
06-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Beautiful and educational image.Chicks looks really cute. It is very nice that they are using them. I will also try this in farm in front of house, where many birds species have their nests in grass.
I like the composition also.

Regards,
Satish.

Marina Scarr
06-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Love the story that goes with this image!!!