PDA

View Full Version : Grand Canal, Venice.

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
06-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Friends, showing my face after a long time. I missed the forum a lot in these months.
Had been to Venice again.
Tried my hand at HDR.

A View of the Grand Canal from Realto Bridge.
This happens to be one of my most favourite places to spend my weekend, when I am in Italy.
Would love to hear your views and suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

5DMk2, 24-105L @24mm
1/100s, f/4, ISO-400

Douglas Bolt
06-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Reminds me of a painting. Nice comp. I wonder how it would look with a little color saturation, or even B&W.

Just for kicks, I viewed it with Firefox and it no longer looks over saturated. In fact, on my monitor it now looks like it could use a little more brightness. I gotta look into my Chrome config for color management.

Andrew McLachlan
06-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Prabir, this is a very natural looking HDR and I love the red awnings along the right side of the comp. What I would love to see here is a Gondola in the lower left area of the canal...something to try on your return visit maybe :S3: Lovely work!

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
06-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Douglas, Andrew - thanks a lot for your reviews.
Andrew, I would make another trip in a few months and I will keep your advice in mind.
Thanks again.

Morkel Erasmus
06-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Lovely scene, Prabir. It seems that you did not embed the sRGB color profile which makes it appear the same in all browsers. Easy to do, shout if you need help (there's a sticky thread at the top of "Wildlife" that will help with this).

I would look at upping exposure overall justs a tad and adding some vibrance?
It's a city I would love to visit someday.

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
06-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Morkel, that a very good compliment, coming from you.
I'll surely try and make the adjustments you suggested, the moment I return from my business trip.
Thanks again.