PDA

View Full Version : Klipspringer

peter delaney
06-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Not a very often photographed or seen antelope ... blends in so well to his environs ,I was happy when I captured this individual out in the open on the side of a Koppie

Nikon D3 200-400mm f8 1/500 iso 320

Brendon Cremer
06-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Hi Peter i like the hi key effect you have produced here but the square crop is not working for me, but that is more of a personal preference

Rachel Hollander
06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi Peter - this is an interesting juxtaposition to the others in this series that you have done. The klipspringer is so much smaller in the frame than your other subjects that I looked at it a few times before commenting. In the end, I decided it works for me. I like the diagonal line of the rock and that goes into the lrc.

TFS,
Rachel

Nancy Bell
06-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Possibly the klipspringer is a bit too close to the center. I would look at taking some off the left side and see how that appears. I like your b&w series and it makes me see there are many ways to effectively and dramatically present wildlife.

Morkel Erasmus
06-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I like the look you achieved in the metallic rocks and the overall contrast, Peter.
It's a taste thing, especially since you are aiming at fine art prints here - but I would shave some off the top and LHS, the central placement of the klipspringer isn't working for me personally. :e3

Marina Scarr
06-09-2013, 11:48 AM
A terrific image you have achieved here. I agree on cropping some off of top and left to make this even more powerful.