PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tailed Hunters

supreet.sahoo
06-04-2013, 01:20 AM

A little too overwhelming when you get 3 Blue Tailed Bee Eaters in their natural habitat with dragonflies that they have hunted while flyings and all perched on one branch trying to lure a mate!! India really has some amazing places to see beautiful birds from close ranges (in their natural habitats) !!

Canon 7D, 420mm, 1/1000, -0.7, f4, 100

Marina Scarr
06-04-2013, 08:56 AM
This is a pretty cool image, Supreet, and good for you for getting them on perched with prey and with good angles. If I wished for one thing it would be that the right bottom bird's beak were not intersecting with the perch. Lovely BG and light.

Daniel Cadieux
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Ditto Marina, and I'd also try to warm up the image or boost the saturation a tad. Wonderful opportunity to get a trio, all with food in their bills, posing for you like that!

dankearl
06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
A pretty cool photo and I agree with Marina, but they are beautiful and tough to all three sharp like you did.

Loi Nguyen
06-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow, very cool image, beautiful birds, good sharpness, sweet BG. I'm surprised at f4 and ISO-100. Did you get all 3 in good focus? They are a bit small on my iPad, so can't say for sure.

supreet.sahoo
06-05-2013, 05:37 AM
Wow, very cool image, beautiful birds, good sharpness, sweet BG. I'm surprised at f4 and ISO-100. Did you get all 3 in good focus? They are a bit small on my iPad, so can't say for sure.

Thank you everyone. Dear Loi, it was a lovely summer morning with light falling straight on the branch. Since there was a lot of bird activity around a small area I setup my base (camera bag) and cemented the focus on the intersection of the branch right in the middle to ensure that there is enough focus coverage on the entire branch. This is a full frame image and the entire branch is on a single line of focus which F4 covers. To my good luck and thanks to burst mode I was able to make 2-3 images with eye contact of all 3 birds.

PhilCook
06-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Wonderful trio composition Supreet, the light is fantastic, and all so very sharp. Hard to get a shot like this especially with smooth backdrop and particular with bugs in each birds mouth...great image