PDA

View Full Version : Teneral damselfly

Jonathan Ashton
06-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Canon 50D Canon 180mm macro tripod, cable release MLU ISO 100 +0.3 1/60 sec f11
Well at last the damsels are emerging from the garden pond. They have been very tricky to spot. On Sunday three emerged, one managed a 10 yards maiden flight and was eaten by a chaffinch, the second got 15 yards and was eaten by a swallow, this little chap actually made it to the hedge row.
All comments welcome.

Steve Maxson
06-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi Jon. Yup, it's a tough, and very risky, life for these little guys! And there is also a lot of predation that happens in the ponds before they emerge. Very nice head-to-tail sharpness and a clean background. You might consider adding a little space at the top and toning down the stem brightness in the bottom half of the frame. Minor tweaks to a very strong image!

Bob Miller
06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi Jon....Natural selection at work at the pond! I like this image esp the yellow color to the right side. I agree with steve about adding some canvas at top . A great image! TFS

Jonathan Ashton
06-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I agree a little more on the top would have been better, I did in fact take some images at a slightly lower magnification, I have some different tenerals taken today - with the exuvia :5:cheers: I will post one of those rather than repeating this one. The OOF yellow is buttercups.