PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Sparrow.

Karl Egressy
06-03-2013, 07:38 AM
I posted this a few days ago. This time I reworked the image from the very beginning. I removed a branch to make the composition more pleasing, and removed a red colour cast. The OOF part of the flowers is the result of DOF and I think it created a three dimensional effect. Thanks for looking. Canon 1D MIV Canon 500 f4.0 L IS ISO 400 1/1250 s f 7.1

Greg Oakley
06-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Lovely image Karl - bird looks great and the perch & flowers are superb,
Cheers Greg

Girish Prahalad
06-03-2013, 07:59 AM
beautiful image! lovely comp, IQ, colors & BG.

Marina Scarr
06-03-2013, 09:46 AM
This is a very pleasing image, Karl, and I love how the flowers surround the bird. THe bird is perfectly exposed with awesome details and pose. I am seeing what might be a smudge or evidence of cloning just above the right side of the perch. Could also just be a deviation in the BG. Well seen and executed.

Satish Ranadive
06-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Extremely beautiful image with excellent well balanced image b/c beautiful flowers.
Love the pose,Great IQ,beautiful colors,details,inquisitive pose and lovely backdrop.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
The detail in the bird is really excellent, the pose is good and I like the perch. I did not see your previous image I will look later, I wanted to look at this without bias. I think the exposure is spot on and I like the colour rendition. My only slight reservation is that I think I can see some smudging where there has been cloning or patching or brushing, I refer to the green area surrounding the central flower head on the right - around the little flower head that sticks out from the rest

Miguel Palaviccini
06-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Really like the repost better. The bg branches look more natural.

Mike Milicia
06-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Nice pose and comp ... techs look great! The flowers really make it shine.

Jeannean Ryman
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I like your redo better. I liked the other as well, but you've brought it up a notch! Very nice.

PhilCook
06-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Just a little bit of some smudging evident from cloning I presume...aside from that sharp and nice light and composed among the flowers and foliage nicely.....perfect for a greeting card

dankearl
06-03-2013, 06:36 PM
THis just jumps off the screen, Karl.
The bird just looks terrific.
The flowers on the left in a perfect world would have been in the DOF as the bird,
but still a very attractive image.

David Salem
06-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Awesome detail on this one Karl. Dosent get much better than this. The perch, flowers and smooth green Bg make for a great capture. Nice one Karl!!