PDA

View Full Version : Synchronization........

Ritesh Nangare
06-03-2013, 07:14 AM

Bar-headed Goose,
Veer Dam, Nov 2012.

The Bar-headed Goose is thought to be one of the world's highest flying birds, having been heard flying across Mount Makalu (the fifth highest mountain on earth at 8,481 m (27,825 ft)) and apparently seen over Mount Everest (8,848 m (29,029 ft), although this is a second hand report with no verification).[2] This demanding migration has long puzzled physiologists and naturalists: "there must be a good explanation for why the birds fly to the extreme altitudes particularly since there are passes through the Himalaya at lower altitudes, and which are used by other migrating bird species. In fact bar-headed geese have never been directly tracked (using GPS or satellite logging technology) flying higher than 6,540 metres (21,460 ft), and it is now believed that they do take the high passes through the mountains. The challenging northward migration from lowland India to breed in the summer on the Tibetan Plateau is undertaken in stages, with the flight across the Himalaya.........

Here Are the Exif.........
Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Shooting Date/Time 11/30/12 7:33 AM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1000
Av(Aperture Value) 7.1
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm.

Karl Egressy
06-03-2013, 07:40 AM
The synchrony is very nice, so is the background. I wish the shooting angle were a little better. (flying towards you, instead of flying away from you)

Marina Scarr
06-03-2013, 09:48 AM
First of all, your BG is spectacular! I have to say that I really like this image very much. The symmetry on the birds is great, as is those wing positions. Your exposure was spot on. I am ok with them flying away from you b/c it's unique in this case and the light is hitting them just right. I love seeing the bright feet on both.

Satish Ranadive
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Magnificent image with beautiful colors lovely lights ,nice head turn and superb composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
06-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Very pleasing image I think however there is a tad too much sharpening, the birds appear ever so slightly grainy - was it a large crop?

Ritesh Nangare
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM
[QUOE=Jonathan Ashton;913463]Very pleasing image I think however there is a tad too much sharpening, the birds appear ever so slightly grainy - was it a large crop?[/QUOTE]
Hello Jonathan ..
Yes Its large crop around 35% of the full frame ....

PhilCook
06-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Very pleasing symmetry in this and set against a great multicolored backdrop, golden lighting is rather nice too, nice timing for this one, birds look quite well focused and sharp too.

I can see however something a little strange directly behind the left hand birds tail = 2 small rectangular outlines ...cant think what that may be though

Ritesh Nangare
06-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Very pleasing symmetry in this and set against a great multicolored backdrop, golden lighting is rather nice too, nice timing for this one, birds look quite well focused and sharp too.

I can see however something a little strange directly behind the left hand birds tail = 2 small rectangular outlines ...cant think what that may be though

Thanks for you comment and appreciation Phil ...
That's my copyright logo i think which you are pointing out ........

Ritesh Nangare
06-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks Every one for appreciation and comments ........and pls do critic on my images , its very helpful.