PDA

View Full Version : Lady Slipper

Neil Nourse
06-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Was taking a walk right behind my house and came across this one lady slipper. Just couldn't seem to get a clean background in the woods so I used a black fleece vet over my tripod
for the background. Canon 1d III, 180mm macro HH resting on a log, 1/100, f8, ISO 800, EC-1, fill flash -2 Cloned out a few spots on the flower and some spider webs.

Comments welcomed and thanks For looking.

Neil

Bob Miller
06-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Neil...I think this worked out well for you. I like the black bg and you managed to have good dof and sharpness throughout. I think the flash fill of -2 also seems to have worked nicely

Jonathan Ashton
06-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Absolutely beautiful - love it! Really good light no harsh shadows and the unusually for me I like the black background. The colours exposure and detail are first class.

Steve Maxson
06-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi Neil and welcome to the Macro forum! Like Jon, I'm usually not a big fan of black backgrounds, but it works very well in this case! There are a few areas of the background that aren't totally black and I would suggest making them so. Otherwise, the sharpness and comp are excellent and the flash looks very natural. This is a very strong image and I hope to see more of your work here in Macro!

Neil Nourse
06-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. Macro is fairly new to me. I mostly have been interested in avian, but hopefully I will be posting more on here.

Andrew McLachlan
06-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi Neil, lovely work...I too like the black BG it really makes the blossom standout nicely.