06-02-2013, 08:54 AM
nikon d 70s iso 400
m 1/800 @ 7
24-70 mm lens
infrared

Andrew McLachlan
06-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi Stuart,

This is a lovely rustic scene with great details in the barn. I do like the comp as is but also think if a small crop was done from the top to just below the lowest patch of blue sky visible, the composition is strengthened. Great idea to convert the D70 to infrared...my old D70 is sitting on a shelf collecting dust...maybe I should do the same with it. Lovely work!

Don Railton
06-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Hi Stuart

I really like this... the barn is full of character and the comp leads the eye to the barn nicely. Well done.. I think it could be a little less contrasty and I can see at least two dust bunnies in the clouds mid screen just above the hole in the cloud.

DON

Douglas Bolt
06-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Nice scene. Lots of character and detail. Was the infrared done with a converted camera, a filter, or in post?

The bright sky seems to draw my attention from the barn. Have you tried adding a little vignette in post?

Morkel Erasmus
06-11-2013, 05:07 AM
I love it. Great classic frame and the IR gives it a lovely feel. I've been wanting to get an older Nikon body to convert to IR for a while, specifically for midday wildlife shooting - but getting it done from SA is costly.

Love the tonal range and contrast as well.

All in all, lovely to look at.
:5