PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly on leaf.

Satish Ranadive
06-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Image was created yesterday afternoon in shad.Cropped for composition and sharpened.

ISO: 1600, 1/160 @ F: 6.3.Spot metering. Exposure Bias: +1.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards. .

Bob Miller
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Satish...This works for me! I like the sharpness, the colors and the bg If you can , I would do something about the straight stick in the ULC

vishaljadhav
06-03-2013, 05:29 AM
Nice image, i love the colours here

Jonathan Ashton
06-03-2013, 10:33 AM
This could be excellent it is a very eye catching image Satish, the colours are amazing - perhaps just a tad OTT? Please correct me if I am wrong!
Although I like the brightness and the vivid colours I think you would see more detail if it was toned down just a little. The periphery of the wings for example appear to be in focus but a little "choked" if you see what I mean and the hairs around the head and body are not really discernible, also I think you have been monkeying around the leaf haven't you?:w3 I would love to see a repost, this really is worth spending some time on.

Steve Maxson
06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi Satish. Striking colors and a perfect specimen giving you a nice pose against a good background! Jon has given you some good suggestions to consider and I agree that this image is worth spending a little more time on. I might be tempted to crop a little off the bottom, but that's subjective and a minor point. Overall, this is very nicely done!

Mitch Carucci
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Wow, what colors. We don't have anything like that around here.

Bill Jobes
06-28-2013, 10:32 PM
That's a beautiful image, Satish.

Taking to heart Bob's and Jonathan's suggestions, you may wish to try a tighter crop, and an exposure/gamma adjustment to pop the colors more dramatically.