PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected visitor

PhilCook
06-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Just got back from a houseboat holiday on the River Murray, bird life was a little disappointing, but..................White-browed Babbler...nothing too unusual, but odd to see these birds come down into a swampy area to check me out while paddling my Kayak. This bird jumped from sunken log to log to see what I was up to ? No real time to alter camera settings for optimal quality, but this still worked out OK

Canon 7D + 500 f4.....f5.6, 1/1000, ISO 320, manual exposure......hand held from Kayak...cropped and some blue fringing { CA } removed on edges, selective sharpen and selective slight noise reduction to backdrop

Daniel Cadieux
06-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Isn't it fun when we get unexpected visitors like this! Excellent IQ. Nice perch, and the sky's blues are just right. Love the eye. I'd prefer a bit less below (perhaps somewhere between the two holes on the perch) and then that same amount added above...highly subjective of course.

Karl Egressy
06-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Everything looks good, Phil. You probably had nice softish light, the bird is nicely lit. Nice pose and colours.

Satish Ranadive
06-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Magnificent image with great details and colors,Phil. Well balanced frame,nice lights and composition.
Very well done.

Regards,
Satish.

Richard Stern
06-02-2013, 02:35 PM
For me, a lovely image - good pose, details, bg. I'm quite happy with the amount of the perch included. Richard

David Salem
06-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Hope you had a good trip even if it wasnt filled with great photo opps. This one is nice. I like the pose, perch and the feather detail in this one. Never seen one of these birds before. TFS

PhilCook
06-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks for looking and yes we had a wonderful trip....just sad it's over