PDA

View Full Version : Last Light In Zea Marina

kostas nianiopoulos
06-01-2013, 10:40 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2623/eu5p8509copy2copy3copy4.jpg

Zea Marina is the little port in Greece Athens not for ship but for little boats , some warm days in the middle of the winter .
A HDR Of 5 images .

Creation date: 15/3/2013 19:10
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X
Focal length: 32 mm
Aperture: F8
Exposure time: 1/80" (-0.67 EV)
ISO speed rating: 100/21°
Program: Aperture priority
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Auto
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Natural Light
Handheld

Thanks for watching .

Jeff Cashdollar
06-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Kostas,

Where have you been?

I love this shot,very peaceful and the sky is beautiful. The opportunity here would be to consider more light in the scene (especially the foreground boats),...1/80 HH is a challenge for me. It is one thing to take a nice shot and another to take a great shot - field techniques make a difference - consider a tripod. Since this was HDR what was the jump in stops (for example +/-1). The aperture is fine, maybe consider something more narrow (f/14). The sky reflecting on the water is beautiful - more of that might add to the image as well?

On balance, I really like the picture,..please keep em coming.

kostas nianiopoulos
06-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Kostas,

Where have you been?

I love this shot,very peaceful and the sky is beautiful. The opportunity here would be to consider more light in the scene (especially the foreground boats),...1/80 HH is a challenge for me. It is one thing to take a nice shot and another to take a great shot - field techniques make a difference - consider a tripod. Since this was HDR what was the jump in stops (for example +/-1). The aperture is fine, maybe consider something more narrow (f/14). The sky reflecting on the water is beautiful - more of that might add to the image as well?

On balance, I really like the picture,..please keep em coming.

Hi Jeff it's very true i don't post here like before , thanks the place is full of birds and i don't know a lot things of birds i like to see them but i don't know what to say , before it was some guys used to post some several stuff but not today . For the image ,here for me and some other guys i guess , is useal to go in handheld i take the risk and do it , there is a lot people in the road will stop and look at you special when u work with a tripod , i hate that thing as it makes me feel uncomfortable , and when i feel like this i can't work . The Stops was , -2,-1,0,+1+2 , but i made them in camera raw , not in the camera . Thank u for your feedback :)

Kerry Perkins
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi Kostas, good to see you here! I know where you've been because I'm there too. :w3 I'm another crazy guy who makes handheld HDR images. It's pretty amazing how well the images can be aligned in PP. Nice job on this one, love warm tones and tranquil scene. Don't be such a stranger - no spammers here! :c3: