PDA

View Full Version : Little Swan

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-31-2013, 09:12 PM
I was so lucky to have come across this family of swan chicks. They were just born the night before. Of course I only had my 500 handy and they were in a close tight spot in the water. Mom led them out to a spot on the grass. Light was not on my side, literally but I was happy with this image.
Canon 1DMIV 500mm f4 lens
ISO 400 6.3 @1/2000

Loi Nguyen
05-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Cheryl, beautiful image. Love the low shooting ante and the sharpness and details of the downy feathers. Sweet BG. I'm wondering whether you could have gotten the grass in the FG in focus by stopping down to say f11. Well done. Loi

Satish Ranadive
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
OMG !!! What a wonderful details you have captured, Cheryl.
Love this beyond imaginations. A studio pose,great composition and in fact very very nice lights.
I am just thinking how it will look if you remove two green leaves from the shoulder on both sides.

Regards,
Satish.

PhilCook
06-01-2013, 02:59 AM
The epitome of softness, but not in terms of fine detail...cute as cute can be Cheryl. I really dont think the angle of light hurts this in any way, and where it does strike the bird looks nicely exposed. In honesty I cant decide if the single plant stem on the left is good or not, it tends to stand out a little boldly with the light hitting

Mark Corpe
06-01-2013, 03:10 AM
What a lovely shot. Great feather detail and nicely blurred FG and BG. Well done.

Rachel Hollander
06-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Hi Cheryl - huge cuteness factor here and it all works for me. Excellent dof, low pov and details. Nice job on the exposure. I do wish the stem on the left wasn't there but that's nature.

TFS,
Rachel

Girish Prahalad
06-01-2013, 08:06 AM
lovely low angle image. particularly like the DOF which has rendered the face sharp

Jeannean Ryman
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Wonderful image Cheryl! Love the POV and the nice side lighting. It may have not been on your side, but it works very nicely for this shot IMO.

Joe Senzatimore
06-01-2013, 09:59 AM
So sweet. well done considering the conditions.:5

Don Lacy
06-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Sweet image Cheryl love the low perspective

Cheryl Arena Molennor
06-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone. Funny how we all see thing differently and it's a good thing. I personally like the left strand of weeds on the left as it shows the size and the environment. As far as the leaves growing out of the chick at first they bothered me but they are all around him so I decided not to take any away. Thanks all for the tips and suggestions

Karl Egressy
06-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Lovely image, great representation of the cuteness of this little one, Cheryl.

jack williamson
06-01-2013, 09:01 PM
This is an amazing image Cheryl. The light is awesome, I would not think of removing the weed on the left being as sharp as it is. Perfect DOF for this image.

Jack

Gabriela Plesea
06-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I personally like the weed, Cheryl, it gives depth and also gives the viewer an idea of the size of this little Swan. This image is so vivid,and the detail on the subject so good that I almost stretched my hand to touch this little one...The little leaves behind him also have their place-one gets the feeling that the subject is hidden away, protected...Beautiful image, I really enjoyed viewing this:S3:

Kind regards,

Cheryl Arena Molennor
06-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks guys :)