PDA

View Full Version : Basking In The Sun

Gus Cobos
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
This fellow is one of the residents of Green Cay Wetlands. He was painted with a Nikon D70s and a Nikkor 300mmf/4D using a Nikkor T/C
focal length @ 420mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / matrix metering / 1/640sec - f/5.6 / exposure comp @ +1.7EV / ISO @ 320 / white balance @ auto / AF Mode @ AF-C /
color mode @ sRGB / tone comp @ 0 / hue adjustment @ 2 degrees / saturation factor @ 0
no speedlight / no tripod /

Comments greatly appreciated...:D

Lance Peters
05-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Gus - beautiful bird, love the splash of red on the wings, composition works well for me.

Background highlights are a bit bright for me - IMHO.

Lance

Oscar Zangroniz
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Mucho nice my friend. Love the colors and the head angle on this one. Very sharp, eye looks to be in good focus.
You out did yourself on this one.
Congrats

Alfred Forns
05-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Very nice pose and perch Gus !!! Would tone down the bg a bit. Agree its a little bright. I think the light was harsh I see lighter on top of the head and darker on the side Maybe a slight different angle would have helped.

For these birds I watch for light bouncing back from the bird The black appears shinier Would also consider some extra room around the tail. For the next few weeks we will have some fun with these guys !!! Would be good going for them early on in the morning !!!