PDA

View Full Version : On Line for Food

Joe Senzatimore
05-30-2013, 07:01 AM
Great fun watching these newly hatched Oystercatcher Chicks line up as the adults come in with food. The Oystercatchers seem to be doing well here so far. They nest on a busy beach , so survival is tough.

800ISO F8 at 1/3200th
Cropped and cleaned up a bit in CS6

Jeannean Ryman
05-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Awww, how cute! What a wonderful moment to capture. Very nice.

Mike Landwehr
05-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Joe, a really beautiful family portrait! Wonderfully balanced composition. I love the generous crop with the OOF BG. I think I'd clone out the light spot just above center along the left edge.

Marina Scarr
05-30-2013, 07:32 AM
Terrific interaction/behavior capture, and it's nice getting the prey and all 3 in the frame and SO little. Background is looking a tad stark to me...maybe a little less clean up. I am seeing a slight green cast in your sand.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Love the interaction here. The babies are so sweet

Joe Senzatimore
05-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Terrific interaction/behavior capture, and it's nice getting the prey and all 3 in the frame and SO little. Background is looking a tad stark to me...maybe a little less clean up. I am seeing a slight green cast in your sand.
Hi Marina,
The area where these birds nest is stark by nature. the only stuff taken out was the man made junk such as soda cans and plasti cups, etc. it is a public beach and most people are pigs. I wish there was a bit of vegatation to dress it up a bit. There is no happy medium here. The areas where the Terns and Skimmers nest is usually overgrown and tough to get a clean shot. We try to work with what we have , but nature doesn't always co-operate, as you well know.:w3

I thank you for your valued comments. Always insightful and welcome.:5

Dave Mills
05-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi Joe, beautiful image along with a great story. I would take about a third off the top which would accentuate the birds a bit more...

Gabriela Plesea
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I have been absent from this website for a few days and tonight I find it quite exciting to look through the latest posts-this particular image caught my eye in an instant! I love the way the subjects stand out against the background, I love the interaction between them (there seems to be a little conversation there between the adult and one chick), the colours are great and the Oystercatcher and babies nice and sharp. I tend to agree with Dave above about the crop, perhaps it would make the birds stand out even more? Thank you for posting this, I really enjoyed viewing!

Kind regards,

David Salem
05-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Very nice scene you have captured. Great that all are in focus and sharp. Nice comp, maybe a bit off the top. Like this one lots.

Karl Egressy
05-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Great family portrait. the chicks are very cute, love the action.

Richard Unsworth
05-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Joe, it just doesnt get any better than this. Picky but that bright spot could easily disappear!
Magic moment superbly captured

jack williamson
05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
This is very excellent Joe. Great to see all three so sharp and the little chick in line looks like it is waiting it's turn.

Jack

Loi Nguyen
05-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Joe, beautiful capture of the family interaction here. The birds are all in good focus and sharp. The babies are so cute! Love the low shooting angle. Loi

Bruce Enns
05-30-2013, 07:40 PM
A great shot Joe, with excellent interaction...I don't mind the starkness, it provides excellent contrast with the obvious intimacy between these three birds. It may be my monitor, but the reds look a bit overdone on the adult.

Cheers!
Bruce

Nick Palmieri
05-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Gorgeous interaction Joe. I'm going to Iceland for a few weeks so won't get to Nickerson until the end of June. You're making me miss it!

dankearl
05-30-2013, 10:22 PM
I will echo the compliments, Joe.
Great shot, very nice little subjects.

Frank Schauf
05-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Perfect comp and bg, nice work.

Satish Ranadive
05-31-2013, 12:44 AM
What a wonderful mom ( teacher)and obedient cute little ones...?
Excellent image,nice colors,details and superb composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Joe Senzatimore
05-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Gorgeous interaction Joe. I'm going to Iceland for a few weeks so won't get to Nickerson until the end of June. You're making me miss it!
I'm having trouble feeling sorry for you.:tinysmile_shy_t:
have a GREAT trip.:wave: