PDA

View Full Version : Tricolor Heron Enjoying The Day

Ed Cordes
05-29-2013, 10:09 PM
It has been a while since posting here. Life has been hectic and photography has been hard to fit in. This past March Gail and I went to Florida to photograph. This image came from the trip. I like the colors and the tranquil feel.

7D with 100-400 @ 400. Slight crop.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Nice feel to this one. I like the light and tranquil mood. Bird is a bit centered in my opinion.

gail bisson
05-30-2013, 05:15 AM
I agree that there is a nice tranquil feel to this image.
I wonder if it was possible for you to move to your right to get the branch that is obscuring the feet out of the way. I miss the feet!
Did you know there is a new posting size of 400KB and 1200 on the width and 900 on length?
Gail

Ed Cordes
05-30-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the comments. NO, the location did not permit moving to the right, so I tried to create a mysterious look. Gail, I did read about the larger posting limits, but I already had the image sized like this. I must admit that I am a bit worried about putting images on the net that are large enough to tempt unauthorized downloading.

Joe Senzatimore
05-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Great peacefull mood. Might try to get rid of the light spots in the foreground as I think they distract from a fine image. Also might consider a square crop to eliminate some of the right side. Too much negative space????

Randy Stout
05-30-2013, 06:56 AM
HI Ed:

Very nice feel,mood created. I like the way the light is catching the eye.

I do agree that a very small crop from the left would be an option, and I would consider very lightly burning in the brighter specular highlights in the lower left corner.

Glad you got a chance to get out and shoot.

cheers

Randy

PS: Joe and I were typing at the same time, hence the duplicate spot comment. I actually like the negative space personally.

Karl Egressy
05-30-2013, 01:28 PM
I like to mood of it.