PDA

View Full Version : Flash Bracket for 300f/4?

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Hello every one!

I've been doing some research and found that I could get better results by using a flash bracket and shoot off-axis but the longest lens I own is the 300f/4, so my question is: will I get significant better lit images if I use the flash bracket? now, if I do, what would be a better option as flash bracket? (brand and type)

Thanks all for your help in this one! have a happy week!

BobbyPerkins
05-29-2013, 09:56 AM
To me, There isn't much of a need for a bracket with an intermediate telephoto like a 300f/4. You could always try it (I would get a Wimberley F-1 bracket). The only main purpose of the bracket is to avoid steel eye (or funky eye) by getting the flash off the axis of the lens, which is a problem with bigger lenses like the 500 & 600f/4's. I shoot with a 100-400IS L lens and at 400mm I have no issues with funky/ steel eyes with or without the Better Beamer as the flash is high enough. If & when I upgrade to bigger glass I would certianly get the bracket. But I think with the bracket you'll see very little if any difference. I thought about getting the bracket when I got my flash but haven't had a problem with out it.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the info and advise on this matter! I really appreciate your time and efford. Have a happy week!