PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill

Lance Peters
05-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I sorta of like this one - I am finding myself more and more thinking about the backgound of my images and trying to create / take a shot that has the feel of not quite knowing exactly what it is your seeing in the background, if that makes an sense.

With this one I like the feel that it sort of could be a relection maybe.

Some vigentting in the corners which I have left in place as I think it draws you into / frames the images - who knows...

Sharpened a tad, other than that as shot pretty much.

D3
Sigma 300-800 zoom
2 x tele converter
@1600mm
1/125th
F13
+2.3EV
400 ISO
Manual Focus

Thanks

Lance

Alfred Forns
05-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Well Lance following your thinking This is the kind of image you like if you like that kind of image ..... now I'm confused !!!!!!

Very appealing image The bird is gorgeous and you did make a beautiful setting Might crop a little tighter Some from left and a tad from the top. You are correct on the corners Darkening just a bit will tend to draw the eye to the center. Actually now we can do the same inside the image the plug in Viveza. It will allow to work and specific areas to move the focus of interest Sort of create a flow within the image !!!!

Lance Peters
05-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Alfred - Didnt mean to confuse you -- LOL.

Yes I like this kind of background to a image - not always easy to get your subjects to co-opertae though :)

Lance

Nonda Surratt
05-03-2008, 09:03 PM
It IS a lovely bird and how you set it up is super nice. Think Alfreds crop suggestion sounds good

Oscar Zangroniz
05-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey lance, this is a beautiful shot. I also like backgrounds like this one. Exposure looks good and considering the 2x tc it looks to be sharp on my monitor.
Regards,

Lance Peters
05-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi Oscar - yep it is sharp - the sigma zoom is incredible with the 2 X converter - it is a fantastic lens and a bargain in my books.

Lance