PDA

View Full Version : A Little Light

Gabriela Plesea
05-27-2013, 03:06 PM
I sincerely do not know what feedback to expect from anyone who takes the time to view this image... I personally like it even though I admit there isn't much to it, save for that ray of golden light on the back of a buffalo where this cattle egret landed and preened itself.

Taken this image recently during an early morning drive to the Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Game Reserve, at 06:48 am.

Nikon D3S
Nikon VR 500mm
1/1600s
F5.6
ISO 1600

Kind regards,

Loi Nguyen
05-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Beautiful light and you handled the exposure well. The only thing is I couldn't tell what the bird was tilting on without you telling me. I'd suggest a little more hint in the title. I love the image the way it is. If there is a way to show more of the buffalo, it may make a stronger image.

gail bisson
05-27-2013, 04:42 PM
This is terrific. very dramatic theatrical lighting.
I love the light and the buffalo back with hairs. The viewer can see what the perch is without overwhelming the bird.
Very different and I really like it!
I might burn the green spotlit area to minimize its impact and in a perfect world it would be nice if the head and neck were parallel to the sensor to see the eye a bit better.That is a very minor nit and wouldn't stop me from printing it nice and big,
Gail
What PP did you do?

PhilCook
05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
A classic case of where simplicity works very nicely, and yes the lovely early morning golden light is a bit of magic, possibly try to squeeze a little more detail/light on the buffalo's back but aside from that it works nicely...lovely mood.

Don Railton
05-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Love it Gabriela...

Robert Holguin
05-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Lovely image.
The light is just amazing here.
Very nice perch and great pose.
Agree that a better head angle would have been ideal, but still a lovely shot.
Very well done.

Daniel Cadieux
05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Very artistic, and I love the mood depicted here. Excellent composition. I agree ridding the green blotch would be good and I do wish the eye would be visible (I realize it may have been closed at time of capture). Still, this was well seen by you...

Marina Scarr
05-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Absolutely love this image. Nothing like opening an image and having to think about what you are seeing. That ray of light is so powerful. I am ok with the BG as is. I think I might consider a slight crop from the left.

Gabriela Plesea
05-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I would like to thank every one for the kind comments and critiques, and also to apologize for not replying to you-due to unforeseen events I did not get a chance to be near my computer for the past few days. I have read your comments carefully and would like to try to make some changes to this image, will upload what I hope to be a better version of this photograph very soon.

Kind regards,