PDA

View Full Version : My last one year on BPN.

Satish Ranadive
05-26-2013, 09:00 AM

Today, I have completed one year as BPN, Member. Within last one year I have learned a lot from our renowned members. I would like to thanks them for appreciating my images and giving me valuable suggestions and heartwarming comments. My sincere thanks to Arthur Sir, Stuart Sir, Randy Sir, Marrina Scarr, Gail Bisson, for learning lots about photography, my teacher Jonathan Asthon, who has taught me valuable lessons about processing the images, spending his valuable time.I must not forgot Our Queen of composition, Grace Scalzo, who has taught me really great compositions.
Sincere thanks to Karl Egress,Christopher,Nick Palmieri,Jim Crosswell, Robert Holguin, David Salem, Mike Millcia, Jack Williamson, Hirandesilva, Dankearl,Miguel,Phil Cook,Schaw,Chery Molennor,Nancy,Arash Haghi,our Hawkman,back yard/Song bird expert Allen Murphy,others members and my Indian friends, Kastubh,Sachin Saraf,Maya Raout,Sanjeev,Vishal and others.
Huge thanks to last but not the least, Daniel Cadieux,along with his photography, I like his nature, it is like coconut, tough and course outside but very soft and sweet inside, who taught me how to criticize images and most important thing is “Photography does not depends camera model or lens but it depends upon how you use it. I would like to have your blessing as usual in future.
Thank you all once again to you and owners of this wonderful site for giving me opportunity.

I have tried to present different species as for as possible. Today I am presenting an image (though not very good or in other words perfect) with which I have strong attachment. This female verditer flycatcher was perched on a branch just in front of me very early in the morning when there was very less light and I could not take the pictures even on 6400 ISO. So I talked with her almost 10 minutes. I don’t know what she understtod,but she was listening very carefully and watching me, what I am doing. Finally some light came and I took 3-4 frames. Then she took a bath and went away.

Image was created in the month of September,2012.ISO: 2500,1/500,f:5.6.

dankearl
05-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Subtle and melancholy beauty, Satish.
I hope you mean you are temporarily Leaving or maybe I am missing something?
If so, and you are on to new endeavors, good luck and take care.

Satish Ranadive
05-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks a lot Dankearl:
No no,I am not leaving. It is just what I have achieved in the last year.I joined as BPN member on 26th May,2012.

Regards,
Satish.

Marina Scarr
05-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Thank you so much for your words, Santish. It's always nice to hear that a member has learned and improved, just as I have and continue to do in great part to assistance from BPN members. You and Daniel are SO right about the equipment not making the photographer!

Lovely image you have here. Nice comp. In a perfect world, I would have liked to see a little more of the left eye or no left eye at all.

Looking forward to your next year of images.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Congrats Satish on completing one year on the forum! Appreciate your words!
the bird is a beauty, you did well waiting for the right light and opportunity getting this image.

Frank Schauf
05-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Beautiful portrait, great details and sharpness.

Robert Holguin
05-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Very nice shot.
I really like the pose, nice details, great perch, and nice clean background.
Well done.

Congrats on your 1yr here on BPN.

Daniel Cadieux
05-27-2013, 04:40 AM
You're welcome!! One year already eh, time flies. You have the spirit of what BPN is all about Satish, keep it up. Nice blue colour on this individual, and I like the chosen comp. I'm with Marina about the left eye (bird's right).

Here's to the next year!!

Grace Scalzo
05-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Satish, You are such a gracious person, so eager to learn, and I in turn have learned much from you. Congratulations on your first year, I am looking forward to your second. I love your story about this image.This might be worthy of printing, to mark your milestone, and to bring back good memories every time you see it.

Steve Canuel
05-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Congrats on your first year. Your enjoyment of photography and your subjects always comes through on your posts. This one has a nice color combination. This bird is similar to the Mountain Bluebird that lives in my area.

David Salem
05-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Congrats on your first year Satish. As I have mentioned from time to time, you have gotten much better in the last months.
You have done exactly what it takes in and hobby or sport to get better, take constructive crits and learn from them. Your work is a pleasure to view as is this beautiful shot. Techs look great and nice detail too. Looks like our mountain Blue Bird. Well done