PDA

View Full Version : Faux Color Infrared Live Oaks

Mark Hilliard
01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
This is a Faux Color Infrared image of a stand of Live Oaks around a small reflection pond filled with alge. The Faux Color technique is one wherin you take a STANDARD INFRARED IMAGE and reverse the red and blue channels. It gives a infrared monochromatic image with the blue highlights still displayed as captured by the IR sensor. It creates a very striking image that has an etherial quality.

Canon 5D IR ONLY body
Canon 17-40L with a polarizer at min.
Handheld
f/8, 1/100s

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Mark,

I like how the water is a major element in the FG and draws you into the image. The low angle makes it look like you are on the bow of a boat. The colors are cool and I like the blue sky. Also the "V" shape of the sky mimics the larger "V" shape of the water. I realy like the expansive view.

The thing bothering me is the stuff in the water but most particularly the large patch in the lower right that intersects the frame. I would clone that part out. The other much smaller patches are not bothersome.

Very cool looking image. Thanks.

Jason Hahn
01-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Very interesting image, quite surreal, and the sweep of the rivers banks draws you deep into the scene. I have the same nit as Robert, and would probably clone out that patch as well. You are definitely stirring an interest in learning more about IR with your work, look forward to more!

Jason

Arthur Morris
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Agree on interesting, and agree on the distracting stuff in the water. I would love to see the same scene much wider so as to include the tree tops.

later and love, artie