PDA

View Full Version : Red-eyed Vireo

Daniel Cadieux
05-23-2013, 05:08 PM
What a beautiful bird, but one that does not get much attention and gets lost in the mix when so many colourful warblers are flittering out and about in the woods. Quite the chatter-box too with incessant song coming from this species...

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, "filled" the belly via dodge tool, a few extra reflections cloned out in the pupil and iris, FF. Audio used.

Karl Egressy
05-23-2013, 07:00 PM
I really like this inage, Daniel. Love the background, it is beautiful. The bird looks very nice, excellent pose and detail. You were graet with your 100-400, you will be even greater with your 500 by the looks of it.

Nick Palmieri
05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
I love this little guy. The head/eye is so sharp it just pulls your eye to it. Took me a bit to notice the OOF tail which I am not bothered by at all. Love the perch and the BG. Very strong image IMO.

gail bisson
05-23-2013, 07:57 PM
This is lovely Daniel.
The multicolored BG is very pretty.
IQ of bird and eye is excellent.
No nits from me!
Gail

Jim Thomas
05-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Wow! That really is a beautiful image! I'm getting blue feet and green wing feathers, are those true? Love the eyes and color palette.

Jim

Diane Miller
05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Super! Love the balance between sharp and soft.

Robert Holguin
05-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Wow!!!
This is a superb shot.
Excellent pose and love the background.
Very well done.

Frank Schauf
05-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Nice shot and great complementary background.

Shawn Zierman
05-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Brilliant image. Love the light quality, background control/colors/variations.
Nice positioning of the subject against the way the perch moves through the frame.
Very nice post processing.

vishaljadhav
05-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Wonderful image, i love the soft colors that are all around
the bird is surely beautiful and the red eye makes it stand out, love the details too.

Just a question , you were shooting it wide open was it due to the BG being quite near or was it for the reason of light, a higher F may have resulted in getting more of the bird in focus, however i know the field conditions can never be imagined by me sitting here and hence wanted to know from you.

I wonder when i am gonna get the small bird on a appropriate perch.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-24-2013, 10:33 AM
O love these red eyed little things. I really like the soft pastel tones. Wish you had just a little more dof on the body

jack williamson
05-24-2013, 07:39 PM
The BG is wonderful, the little bird looks excellent, love that eye.

Jack

Daniel Cadieux
05-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Just a question , you were shooting it wide open was it due to the BG being quite near or was it for the reason of light, a higher F may have resulted in getting more of the bird in focus, however i know the field conditions can never be imagined by me sitting here and hence wanted to know from you.

I just photograph wide open (or just about) 95 % of the time, make sure focus is on the eye, and not worry about the rest of the body and I make sure the BG is far enough anyhow...the rest of the time is for special situations such as tight portraits where I'll stop down for more DOF where I feel it is more important than on full body images. Hope this helps!

Satish Ranadive
05-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Daniel Sir:
Excellent image with very nicely balanced color scheme. Love the pose,HA,details and superb composition.

Regards,
Satish.

MohsenVahedipour
05-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Excellent IQ, light, perch & BG. Lovely portrait.