PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer

David Fletcher
05-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Stalked this deer for a while. It is amazing the distance they can travel in only minutes. Regrets.. in february, i was really hoping for some really bad cold weather and got bland beige on beige. Dave Forgot to add. D3 and 500 AF-S.

Steve Canuel
05-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I really like this one Dave. I like the BG and the distance between it and the subject. The pose is nice as well with the eye looking down toward the right corner (as viewed) in line with the white streaks in the BG and the line of the deer's back. If I had to find a nit, it would be to remove the floating dark spot between the front legs and the white spot below the lines on the BG.
Steve

Van Hilliard
05-04-2008, 03:38 AM
The pursuit was worth it. This is a majestic shot. I too love the fine detail of the deer against the background, which suggests the locale without competing with your main subject. I've still debating with myself over subject placement in the frame (left to right). Did you get any shots with the deer farther to the right in the frame?

Valerio Tarone
05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Great image. Could tell me, did you shot it in Scotland? or anywhere else? I suppose you were some 25 metres far. Were you in a hide? Thanks.

Ed Cordes
05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Very nice colors. The muted effect is just right. I also like the separation between the subject and BG. I would be tempted to tone down the hot area on the face.