PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Tunrstones- Part 2

Grace Scalzo
05-22-2013, 09:07 AM
This is the frame that follows the one that I posted a couple days ago. In this one, I removed the shell under the left bird's tail but really don't care to sanitize this scene any further as it is realisitic.
I have tried for a couple of years to photograph this behavior.

1/2000, f8, iso800
Canon 1Dx, 600 f4 + 1.4tc + lowered RRS tripod

David Salem
05-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Another great capture Grace. As mentioned on your last post, it isnt that easy to get shots like this, especially with both birds sharp and with good HAs. I like the first post best b/c they are making contact and the comp is a bit more dramatic.
This one is very nice too and the Ruddy on the left is in awesome position and sharp as can be. Nice BG and FG and your usual solid techs round off another wonderful capture. Well done!!

gail bisson
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Another killer action shot-especially the pose of the ruddy turnstone AKA Kung Fu fighter on the left.
I prefer the first image because of the actual physical contact and more pleasing position of the birds.
A sequence of shots to be proud of Grace,
Gail

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-22-2013, 03:30 PM
love the action you got and that super kung fu pose

Bill Dix
05-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Fantastic action. Sorry I missed the first post, but I love the position of the LH bird here.

jack williamson
05-22-2013, 04:02 PM
More great action from Grace! Birds are sharp especially the one on the left, exposure is fine and I like the flying sand.

Jack

dankearl
05-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Better than the first one which I liked but the poses and separation is better for me.
Perfect DOF and pleasing color in the BG.

Randy Stout
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Grace:

This is nice, with strong sense of interaction, but I do prefer the sheer impact (pun intended) of the prior one.

The DOF is more of an issue here with the right bird, and his wing position isn't ideal.

I could certainly see a series of these displayed together, to tell the story of the interaction.

I do appreciate how tough it is to get multiple birds i the same plane, good head angles and lighting.

Cheers

Randy

Tim King
05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
I like how sharp the raised foot is in the middle of the photo. FIne job.

Robert Holguin
05-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Another stunning image!!!
I love the separation between the birds here and the pose on left bird is just amazing.
Very well done.

Roman Kurywczak
05-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Great interaction Grace! Love that both are airborne! Fantastic light too. Works for me all around!!!

Girish Prahalad
05-25-2013, 07:05 AM
terrific capture! love everything about the image