PDA

View Full Version : Hwange Zebra

Russell Johnson
05-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Taken many moons ago back in April 2007 when staying at Makalolo

Playing with some new actions I have saved, so re-visiting old files....

Techs:

5D + 500 F4
1/320 @ f4
ISO 400

PP

Added some canvas to the bottom.

Rachel Hollander
05-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Hi Russell - sweet light to this one and I like the comp. Always fun to revisit images with new techniques.

TFS,
Rachel

vishaljadhav
05-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Nicely composed image , the placement of the subject is nice
Addition of the canvas has made it more balanced to the viewer
I love the light in the image

Steve Kaluski
05-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi Russell, very please that you found some new action, the light is gorgeous and the additional canvas does makes a big difference. Well composed and I like the fact you shot wide open re DOF, almost a 'Cadbury's flake' soft touch look, gives a nice dreamy look & feel.

TFS
Steve
PS changed your F$ to an f4

Gabriela Plesea
05-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Love the composition and the zebra really "pops" out of the background, great lighting, the image has warmth and great appeal-really enjoyed viewing this:S3:

Kind regards,

Andre Pretorius
05-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Love the soft light on Zebra, Bg very pleasing, Zebra really looking at viewer!

Morkel Erasmus
05-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Love the light here. Hwange is very high on my to-visit list. :Whoa!:
I think the Zebra can stand a touch more selective sharpening without losing the "dreamy" look?
I'd also add a sliver more space on the LHS if you have it. :S3:

Russell Johnson
05-25-2013, 03:54 AM
Thanks all - could probably do with a slight more sharpening on the resize, though all those lines and tired eyes sent me a little crazy :)

@ Steve - I found a really efficient method of saving my actions and working now, this took under 5 minutes to edit :)

Steve Kaluski
05-25-2013, 04:05 AM
Steve - I found a really efficient method of saving my actions and working now, this took under 5 minutes to edit :)

Excellent Russell, and if this post is the benchmark then we can all learn from it. :bg3: More importantly you can spend more time out in the field and that is what it's all about, more shooting time & less behind the computer, which in turn means you images will be better, IMHO it's the way to go. :cheers:

Ah, one slight flaw in that, you have a new arrival so perhaps you will still have limited time in the field. :w3

mohammad reza shahab
05-27-2013, 03:38 AM
very nice light,great composition and pose.