PDA

View Full Version : Montagu's Harrier - Male

Girish Prahalad
05-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Image was made in the Little Rann of Kutch, Gujarat. India
Made with Canon 550D ( Borrowed) + Sigma 150-500 . Beanbag support on the ground
Exif : F6.3 / ISO 400 / SS 1/1600 @ 500 mm. Manual / Eval
Levels / Crop / USM & NR on BG.

Comments & Critiques most appreciated.

Randy Stout
05-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Girish:

Sharp, well exposed, the touch of blue breaks up the overall brown tones, good shooting angle.

In a perfect world, wish the head was raised just enough to clear the bill from merge with chest.

Good composition.

Cheers

Randy

Loi Nguyen
05-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Girlish, lovely composition, colors, and background. Sharp eye contact. Randy already mentioned the head angle. The head looks just a tiny soft to me and could use some more sharpening I think. Well done. Loi

Grace Scalzo
05-22-2013, 09:10 AM
We get so used to totally clean photographs and that's usually not the way things appear in nature. However, there is a white spot on the bird's back that in this case I would remove as my eye went right to it. Also wish for a cleaner bottom so that the bird's tail was totally in the clear. (raising up a fraction would have solved this). Agree with Randy and Loi's remarks. Superb quality of light and a nice background as well.

gail bisson
05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
I have to say that I personally like the head touching the chest The head does look a bit soft.
Beautiful light and I love how the eye shines.
I would add a couple of points of black in selective coloring (if you have CS5 ) or increase the contrast by a point or two.
I really like the color palette in this image,
Gail

Simon Wantling
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
I really like this image. Great colour tones and wonderfully sharp. Great stuff.

Girish Prahalad
05-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Thanks everybody for your feedback. Here is a re-post based on suggestions from Loi & Gail.
Does it look alright?

Loi Nguyen
05-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Gish, RP looks sharp to me. The eye is noticeably sharper. Great job.