PDA

View Full Version : canon 400mm f2,8 IS

van bogaert erik
05-21-2013, 05:14 PM
hello, i wonder why this lens has elektronic MF instead of the mechanic MF on the other telephoto lenses ??

arash_hazeghi
05-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Erik,

The series I super telephoto lenses are all mechanical MF (there is no such thing as electronic MF)

The series II super telephoto lenses are also mechanical MF however they also feature a power focus (PF) mode where you can use the focus recall ring to drive the focus elements. The application is video where smooth focusing is needed. All series II lenses have this feature but it is not useful for still photography.

hope this helps

van bogaert erik
05-21-2013, 05:36 PM
ok,my fault , i was reading the manual of the camera and i saw "ef 400mm f2,8 usm II" standing in the list of elektronic MF , but now i remember there was in the past a second version of the 400mm f2,8 usm at first i was confused and tought it was the IS type II .
thanks

Erik,

The series I super telephoto lenses are all mechanical MF (there is no such thing as electronic MF)

The series II super telephoto lenses are also mechanical MF however they also feature a power focus (PF) mode where you can use the focus recall ring to drive the focus elements. The application is video where smooth focusing is needed. All series II lenses have this feature but it is not useful for still photography.

hope this helps