PDA

View Full Version : Giant Monkey Frog(C)

Joe Senzatimore
05-20-2013, 03:37 PM
From a reptile photo shoot we did last week at a local Reptile shop. Two soft boxes with studio strobes used.

400 ISO f11 at 1/200th

Rachel Hollander
05-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi Joe - nice to see something different and the pano crop is a good choice. If it were mine I would run a luminosity mask to tame some of the highlights a bit.

TFS,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
05-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Joe,

what a froggy. You just go in the reptile shop than you can take images of the? How is that working? Curious, well here is no reptile shop in Swissyland, not that I know off.
Looks great to me. I agree with Rachel on the Highlights and the white spots of the frog. Rest looks great. I assume it sits on a piece of wood. Very nice

Have a great day

Cioa
Anette

Nancy Bell
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Great to see a close-up of a tree frog. With a name like "Giant Monkey" just how big is this frog? The black bkgd sets off that brilliant green nicely.

Steve Kaluski
05-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Hi Joe, I would agree with Rachel, run a luminosity adjustment layer, plus a mid tone and then a Mid tone Curves adjustment. I will help the subject overall and bring a bit more form to the subject helping define things and control the hotspots from the flash. You may wish to mask the perch he is on or only apply a certain amount of adjustment to it rather than the 'blanket' I have done. Also check you web settings as the image has an untagged profile and may not be displayed to its best.

Hopefully the attached will help illustrate the points mentioned, thanks for posting a different subject.

TFS
Steve

Russell Johnson
05-22-2013, 07:21 AM
The RP addresses most of my thoughts.

Really like the dark background, did you edit this in of just a good use of flash?