PDA

View Full Version : Purple Salsify

Kathy Kunce
01-05-2008, 10:11 PM
I took this image with a Canon D20, 100-400 IS zoom, handheld. 1/800 sec. f/8, ISO 200, -1/3 exposure compensation. Not your typical setup for a close-up, but it was more of an impulsive shot while hiking at Chatauqua Park in Boulder, CO.

Kaushik Balakumar
01-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Beautiful, sharp image. The thumbnail immediately caught my attention. I just wonder if some fill-in flash would have helped remove some shadows caused due to harsh light ...

Regards,
Kaushik

Alfred Forns
01-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Agree on the fill flash Did well with exp Wondering how it would work with the second oof flower below rather than on top?

btw we are asking for full names rather than internet names If you PM your name will update profile for you, Thanks

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2008, 09:03 AM
I am thinking I would have preferred to see the in focus flower only. In these cases I will gently move the background around to give me the BG that I want.

D. Robert Franz
01-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Very nice grab shot here Kathy.. I know that area well, I lived in your area for 23 years.. I for one like OOF similar subjects in the BG. Very seldom does it work with a OOF similar subject in the FG though. It seems to give a sense of depth and environment. Images like that have also been very successful in the editorial markets for me. My biggest nit for this image is the flower is not a prime specimen. The one in the BG is much healthier looking.