PDA

View Full Version : Siberian Tiger male (C)

Andreas Liedmann
05-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi folks , i am still alive and following the threads in the BG , kind of hidden, from time to time, due to limited time and fighting with my own PP.

High level going on meanwhile my absence !!!!! Saw some really nice stuff . But sometimes i am really too lazy, sorry for that.

Just a quick image from myself taken in the Zoo where i work .

This male is happy father of 4 youngsters, which grow fast and are very active at the moment.Sadly almost impossible to take decent pictures of them, because the enclosure has only really useless big glass windows really scratched ones !!!

The tiger lives in a large enclosure without glass , so a lot easier to photograph. Image taken this winter.

Just tried different PP on this one , only used curves , no NR , slight sharpening during PP, finished with web sharpening. not sure about the overall colors, too warm ?

likewise enough detail ? YOUR THOUGHTS ?

EOS 1D MK IV

500 mm HH

F 4 / ISO 1600 / 1/ 800 sec

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment

Cheers Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
05-18-2013, 10:20 AM
I like the image as presented and the colours look good to me. I am looking forward to the forthcoming comments.

Rachel Hollander
05-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi Andreas - I hope your schedule allows you to participate more because you are missed as are your insightful comments. Color, contrast and pp all look good to me.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
05-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Andreas, nice to see you back, please don't make it this long next time. :w3

My feeling is you used a daylight for the WB, prefer an Auto as it gets more cooler, but then the soil needs to be addressed as it goes too blue. In parts the whites are blown and the detail/clarity/sharpness isn't quite there compared to previous posting, plus in all fairness I have seen the RAW so I know where you are starting from, however we did discuss a few point pror. By adding a mid tone adjustment it helps the BKG and makes the subject stand out more. I think the colour could be tweaked a fraction more for a little richness, personal choice. Perhaps shooing whilst resting on a bean bag, or tripod may have given just that little bit extra???? Either way it's great to see a Tiger, hope he's doing well.

Andreas you have a couple of options and routes to perhaps look at, be nice to see a RP when you have the time.

TFS
Steve

dankearl
05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
You have a very nice Zoo setting here.
Nice light and BG color.

Brendon Cremer
05-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Great image Andreas. colours and detail looks ok to me, however agree that a slight mid tone adjustment to render the bg a little darker would be preferable in my eyes and there are indeed a few hot spots in the whites, especially above the eyes.

Nancy Bell
05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Lots of good suggestions above. I really like the commanding look on this tiger's face and his regal pose. Having light mainly on the tiger really makes him stand out. I also like framing provided by the tree trunk on the left & the reddish leaves on the right. The brighter, grayish branches over his head are distracting, however.

Anette Mossbacher
05-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Hi Andreas,

all is said already above. Looking forward to your RP :w3
Detail, sharpness & color look good to me.
Like the setting the Tiger is in. Is it Stuttgart ?

Enjoy your "long" weekend

Ciao
Anette

Steve Canuel
05-19-2013, 02:05 PM
This is a really nice shot Andreas. Detail and color look excellent to me. An impressive looking subject too. Without noticing your title, my first thought was that this looked like a tiger from the forests of the northern far east. Nicely done.

Andreas Liedmann
05-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks folks for your kind words and critiques
as always appreciate them a lot.....

Thanks Andreas