PDA

View Full Version : Yellow rumped bathtime

Jim Thomas
05-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Yellowrumps are the first warblers I see in the spring. They love crumbled suet and bathing.

Jim

500mm, f/6.3, 1/200 sec, iso 400. Levels, cloned out some distracting sparkles, BG NR, usm.

Stu Bowie
05-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi Jim ,good low angle of capture, and I like the fluffed up plumage from the bathing behaviour on either side of him. Im finding the green 'patch' in the BG clashing with the bird. Toning it down will help a little. If this is a set up, I would consider moving around a touch to create a better balanced BG.

Marina Scarr
05-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Love those feathers, the leaves the bird is standing on and the swirling water. Agree the BG is distracting but a pleasing image. Agree that if this is a setup, you can make it work even better.

Miguel Palaviccini
05-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Jim,

Very nice storytelling image. Quite dynamic with the feathers flared out like that.

However, the focus doesn't seem to be on the head, and the bg is a bit busy (possibly too much contrast from the dark and light tones?). If you've still got the out there, it would be neat to see some more!

Miguel

Jim Thomas
05-18-2013, 03:37 PM
This isn't really a set up, it's part of a three tier waterfall behind my house. The bright green is moss. Takes forever to get moss to grow on granite! I put this in almost 20 years ago as a garden feature and the added bonus is that it's a magnet for all kinds of critters, especially birds. I'll try finding some better angles but the moss stays! lol.

Jim

Satish Ranadive
05-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Beautiful image. I like the feather details,nice lights,pose and composition.

Regards,
Satish.