PDA

View Full Version : The Boss!!

Angad Achappa
05-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Gaur:
Here is an image of a Gaur past its prime. One huge guy, i wonder how he was during his prime, a lot more bulkier maybe.
Nikon D3S
Nikkor 600mm F4 VR
1/800sec, F4, ISO-1600, handheld from a jeep.

Steve Kaluski
05-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi Angad, nice look beast and as you say, a big unit. :bg3:

Nice detail and the PP looks good. I would suggest you apply a Luminosity adjustment layer, just beef's (sorry no pun intended) things up nicely and gives a lovely sheen to the horns. If you have it, then a bit more image below and I might siggest cropping some off either side, on the RHS I might be tempted to run it through the edge of the leg giving a nice edge?

TFS
Steve

Anette Mossbacher
05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi Angad,

what a animal. That is big indeed. Never have seen one of those. For me the BG looks a bit bright, might would turn it down a tad. The body of this Gaur looks a bit blue to me, but I do not know how those look while standing live in front of me!!
Steve already covert suggestions. Details are great.

Have a great wknd

Ciao

Anette

Rachel Hollander
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi Angad - nice detail, great eyelashes. PP looks good. I do see some blue and magenta coming through but I'm not familiar with the color of a gaur so this may be natural. I do wish you could have gotten a little lower pov but it may not have been possible. Certainly is a big bull and good comp suggestions above. There also looks to be a slight halo along the left edge of the nose/face.

TFS,
Rachel