PDA

View Full Version : Drake Cinnamon Teal - Wings Down

David Salem
05-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Caught this colorful drake during this winters migration at a local beach estuary . These little ducks are fast and fun to try to capture. Got some nice eye contact and a pretty cool down wing pose on this one.

1DMKIV---700mm---f6.3---ss1/2500---ISO800---HH@8:15am---25% crop

Thanks as always for looking and for your input. Appreciated

David

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Excellent flight shot David! The Drake just pops against the BG and the colors and wing position are way too cool!

christopher galeski
05-16-2013, 02:38 AM
nice flight shot,and what a colourful duck,nice eye.

Jonathan Ashton
05-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Super position/pose and gorgeous colours, I like the background too. Is the bird in sharp focus? I get the impression there is not as much detail as I might have expected??

Loi Nguyen
05-16-2013, 08:25 AM
David, another beautiful shot of this species. The duck looks nice and sharp to me.

Satish Ranadive
05-16-2013, 08:51 AM
What a wonderful flight of handsome teal with magical colors you have captured,David?.
Love the down wing position,beautiful colors,details,blue water on which it pops up so nicely and above all his HA and red eye.
Well done.

Regards,
Satish.

Karl Egressy
05-16-2013, 10:32 AM
I always enjoy seeing the flight shot image of this duck. I think this is the most beutiful duck you can have, especially in flight. Great work David.

David Salem
05-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Jonathan, funny that you mentioned that because I have many shots of this species and even though everything is tack sharp, the feathers on the back are that way. They look soft in real life.

Diane Miller
05-16-2013, 10:58 AM
So beautiful! Great work!

Jonathan Ashton
05-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Jonathan, funny that you mentioned that because I have many shots of this species and even though everything is tack sharp, the feathers on the back are that way. They look soft in real life.

Thanks David. I was reticent to comment because the shot was so good.

rajojomanik
05-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Those eyes, those beautiful eyes.

Very nice flight shot David.

Stu Bowie
05-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi David, great show of the near wing, and overall, the angle shows off all the colours nicely. Just love that red eye, and he is separated very well from the water BG. Well captured.

Randy Rimland
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM
simply perfect, amazing colors and what a BG
this is a killer shot

gail bisson
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi David,
Great tack sharp shot with perfect wings down position.
I wish for a bit more room on the RHS.
Did you clone something out just below the chest and in front of the wing? Area looks off. Forgive me if I am wrong...
Gail

Robert Holguin
05-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Excellent flight shot!!!!
The down stroke wing position showing off those wonderful colors is just stunning.
Sharp, great light, and great IQ.
Very well done.

David Salem
05-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments, appreciated.
Gail, geez louize, cant get anything past your eagle eyes. Your right. It was the left wing. It was sticking out just enough that it didnt look great so I sloppily removed it. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!!
I processed this a while back on my older version of PS. I love my new version, now when you sample an area with the clone tool, the area is seen in the circle and can be moved and place exactly where it needs to be. The older version didnt show the sampled area and you had to guess and keep repeating until you got it right. I love the new way!

Bill Dix
05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
A real beauty, David. Gorgeous colors, and excellent wing position. Looks sharp to me. Gotta watch out for Gail's sharp eye.