PDA

View Full Version : Bear without a care (C)

Shreyas Mantri
05-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Just thought to add this cold-dweller in the thread while the summer approaches :w3
Shot at Bronx Zoo last July while testing the 300mm II. Taken at noon (harsh light) when the bear decided to go under the shade for a nap. One can see the patchy shade on the bear's body as well.

Canon 7D, 300mm II, Manual, f/5.6, @ 1/500s, ISO 640

Rachel Hollander
05-17-2013, 04:51 AM
Hi Shreyas - while it looks like you handled the shade and exp well and have nice detail, the image with the bear sleeping and its face mostly blocked just doesn't do it for me. The size of the paws is impressive and I wonder if you took any shots focusing in on them at all. Also, the brightness of the llc is distracting to me. Sorry,

TFS,
Rachel

Nancy Bell
05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
I agree that the first thing that strikes me are the enormous paws and the pads. I think it's a great idea to focus on just the undersides of those feet and that such an approach would make an interesting graphic-type image.

Anette Mossbacher
05-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi Shreyas,

love the pose of the polar bear, but agree with Rachel and Nancy.

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Shreyas Mantri
05-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Hello folks, I should've mentioned, I had positioned myself to get some shots of the paws, and this one came along with and I like it because of the pose.
Will post another one where I just wanted the eye of the bear and the texture of its snout.

Appreciate the input!