PDA

View Full Version : Blackburnian Warbler.

Karl Egressy
05-13-2013, 08:23 PM
It took me almost the whole day until I got a relatively clean shot of this beatiful
bird, as it kept coming back to the same tree at Magee Marsh, Ohio.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 +1.4x
ISO 800
1/1000 s
f7.1
fill flash

Jim Crosswell
05-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Beautiful image Karl! I like the pose, exposure, sharpness, perch and composition.

jack williamson
05-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Your patience paid off, this is a beauty! The flash was just right, well done.

Diane Miller
05-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Clean it is -- well done! Could be an illustration in an Audubon book.

David Salem
05-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Nice shot of a beautiful Warbler. I like the pose and the HA and the details look great. The flash worked out well too. Well done Karl.

vishaljadhav
05-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Nice one Karl
i love the colors on this bird, nice and close with good details, choice of fill flash worked nice here too.

Satish Ranadive
05-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Marvelous image of beautiful looking warbler, Karl. Very pleasant colors,nice perch and lovely composition.Love the pose and HA.
How many species do have in your area?
Similar warbler,I tried whole day,but could not get a single picture.

Regards,
Satish.

Karl Egressy
05-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Marvelous image of beautiful looking warbler, Karl. Very pleasant colors,nice perch and lovely composition.Love the pose and HA.
How many species do have in your area?
Similar warbler,I tried whole day,but could not get a single picture.

Regards,
Satish.
Thanks, Satish.

We have 42 Warbler species listed in our area. (Ontario, Canada)
Some of them are very rare, but one or two of those show up almost every year here in Ontario.
We have about 35 that breed here or migrate through on a yearly basis.
I have pictures of 30 species. It took me more than 10 years to collect them all.
I still would like to have images of a Worm-eating Warbler and a better image of a Tennessee Warbler, a better image of a Orange-crowned Warbler, to mention a few.
I'm patient and I'm hopeful.

Satish Ranadive
05-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks Karl, for the prompt reply.
Very nice information. Hard work and patience has given pictures of 30 species, that is great work.
I have all warblers pictures of yours in my collection. Definitely you will get remaining pictures soon in future.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Beautiful streamlined shape to this pose. I like the comp and fresh spring vegetation...I just wish there was less of it behind the legs. Keep up your great pursuit of these wonderful colourful warblers!!

Frank Schauf
05-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Perfect comp and light, nice work.

Karen Forderer
05-21-2013, 09:12 PM
This is a great warbler photo. You have a lot of patience. I am trying to get warbler photos at Thickson Woods in Whitby.