PDA

View Full Version : Little Blue Heron

Peter de Haas
05-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Egretta caerulea.
This Heronn uses the concrete fence post as outlook.
Picture taken at Villa marshes beach side about 15km South of Lima Peru.
Canon 20D 400mm
1/1000 sec, f/9
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 400
postprosessing min 0.3

Dave Phillips
05-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi Peter, this is a sweet image....really like the overcast condition

a mod may move this to "hand of man" because of the concrete post, so don't get confused

Steve Canuel
05-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Nice detail, pose, and simple comp. Color of the BG is similar to the subject but complimentary to my eye. I personally would prefer a bit of a color boost but my monitor is not calibrated so it could just be me.
Steve

Robert Amoruso
05-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Peter,

You did a great job getting details in the bird and making him look good. I like the inquisitive look of the bird. I find it hard too make an image of the LBH that I like, but I like this a lot. The BG complements him and sets him off well.

Doug Brown
05-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Very nice photo of a LBH. I've moved the thread to Avian Captive/Hand of Man because of the concrete.

Lana Hays
05-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Peter
You have done a nice job with this guy. I'm like Robert in that I've never been satisfied with my LBH images either. I like this one.......really nice pose....gets you wondering what he's got his eyes set on. Good exposure and nice detail. You might want to select just the bird for sharpening as there is a slight halo along the chest side.....minor nit.....but something easy to avoid. Well done.

Grady Weed
05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
As mentioned the overcast background is a real plus to this image. It does not overpower it or take away. It is a simple yet pleasing component. The extended neck adds to the emotional appeal in my opinion. Nice head angle showing the reddish neck and the fine details in the body are good too. i like the perch but perhaps more showing would be nice, personal tastes however. Thanks for sharing.