PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Sunburst

Vivaldo Damilano
05-13-2013, 11:49 AM
D800e 14-24 f2.8. 1/30s at f11 ISO100. Two blended images.

John Ippolito
05-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi Vivaldo, What beautiful light here. I like the composition with the strip of ocean washing in the cove, details in the FG rocks, and the sun setting behind a very distant range of mountains - it adds to the depth. Nicely done on the blend. It is consistent in lighting with the setting sun. Very nice.

Jay Sheinfield
05-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi Vivaldo, I agree with John on the stunning lighting. You have created a strong sense of depth from the foreground rocks, through the the shore and onto the distant horizon. Strong lines in this composition. If it were mine, I would trim just a bit from the top further emphasizing the foreground, but that is a personal preference. Excellent.

Diane Miller
05-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Great use of wide angle -- I feel like I'm right there scrambling over the rocks, which are wonderfully three dimensional with great detail in the soft shadows.

Rachel Hollander
05-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi Vivaldo - I agree with the others, gorgeous, warm light. Great dof too. I wouldn't change a thing :S3:.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
05-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi Vivaldo, great capture. I love the arrangement of the elements in this rugged seascape. The rays of the sun add another lovely quality to the scene. Very nice work with the blending as well!

Morkel Erasmus
05-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Nice blend here Vivaldo, and lovely composition with magnificent fall of light on the FG rocks.
I do think the sky is very magenta? Nobody said anything - is it just me? :e3
I'd also like to see a bit more clarity and structure in the large "channel" rock walls leading to the ocean.

Morkel Erasmus
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Here's a quick repost. You'll get better results from RAW and working with the WB setting for colour :w3.

Steps:
1. duplicate layer, colour balance moving the magenta slider to green for highlights and midtones
2. masked the FG and flattened image (so as to only affect sky colour and not FG)
3. burned and dodged the rocks a bit

WDYT? :cheers:

Vivaldo Damilano
05-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Morkel we can all learn a lot from you, your editing works very nicely here. I am always worried to overdo things, like the extra contrast on the rocks and less purple in the sky works better, thanks for always helping :bg3:

Steve Kaluski
05-15-2013, 07:24 AM
The RP is better, prefer the bluer sky, but love the warmth in the FG rocks. Nice clarity and depth, with the shadows nicely dealt with. Think you need to move the crop up a sliver, something is creeping in along the foot of the image, but unclear what?

TFS
Steve

Anette Mossbacher
05-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Hi Vivaldo, beautiful scene. Love those round rocks in the FG. All is said already. Morkel RP looks much better.

Ciao
Anette

Valerio Tarone
05-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi Vivaldo ,It's that I prefer in the last threads. Perspective, good placement of the elements, lovely warm colors.

James Fuller
05-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Great composition and colors in the repost are nice! I like the warm light on the foreground rocks.