PDA

View Full Version : Spring Maple

Mike Moats
05-02-2008, 08:32 PM
This was from a few springs ago. Skunk cabbage makes a great BG for lots of subjects. I posted a snail shell on skunk cabbage a week ago, and my last image was with the fiddleheads. Fuji S2 Pro, Sigma 180, tripod, f/32, natural light.

John Cooper
05-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Simple but very effective composition Mike - wonderful patterns and extraordianry detail!! The colour combination of warm subject in front of the cooler BG gives a 3D effect.

Julie Kenward
05-03-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm starting to wish we had skunk cabbage around here. Beautiful photo, Mike. I really like the way the light green veins of the leaf mirrors the darker color underneath.

Robert O'Toole
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Light quality is great and really glows Mike. Looks very sharp and colors are intense.

I can see some haloing around the leaf edges and the leaf stem, funny thing is in the case I dont think the image even needed this much sharpening the image looks that good.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak
05-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey Mike,
Had to comment as it's f32..................love that skunk cabbage........will be working it for the next few weeks!
I'm pretty confident on the answer here..........but I'll still ask for the other members............did you find the leaf there accidentally??? :D
Love it!