PDA

View Full Version : Coppersmith Barbet-Mothers' Day special!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-12-2013, 11:31 AM
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 7D (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/)

Exposure
1/160

Aperture
f/5.6

Focal Length
700 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
+2/3 EV

</tbody>
Tripod & Gimbal in available morning light

gail bisson
05-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Hi Sanjeev,
I am not loving this one.
The light is very harsh and the OOF branch is really distracting.
If you are not anti cloning I would clone that out.
I would love to see you go back to the nest in better light and position yourself to avoid that OOF branch and be a little higher.
I have never seen this bird posted here before so thanks for introducing me to a new bird,
Gail

PhilCook
05-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Nice diagonals in this one Sanjeev, light does look a little harsh but handled quite well considering. Like the interaction with the tree holes and clear eye, like too the obvious fine whiskers at the base of the beak. A bit of a pity that the region below the branch is so white and not mottled green as above, but that's asking a lot sometimes, but I would clone out the oof branch there and certainly remove the little bit of wood on the far right of the frame. Great shapness and detail considering such a slow shutter speed at that focal length.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks Gail & Phil. This is a tough species to get at eye level as the bird is small & always found high in tree tops. This one was entering the hole and feeding it's young ones and then returning again. It was side lit, so this was the best I could do. Will try to clone the OOF branch.

Marina Scarr
05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Rather than cloning, I think I would take a little from each side like this and then lower the brightness a tad. Your choice in comp works well.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Marina, I like your RP. Thanks for helping me out.

Satish Ranadive
05-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Sanjeev:
Beautiful image.Very nice pose,colors,details and composition.Re post looks superb.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.